- Openness: Participation in the Open Innovation Platform of Steyr 2030 is available to everybody.
- Respect: Appreciation and constructive criticism are preconditions for discussion.
- Identity: Participation is only possible under real names of individuals or verified groups (e.g. schools or workshops)
- Transparency: Anybody who is acting on behalf of a third party or initiative or on behalf of any other interested group on the platform has to announce it openly.
- Honesty: Whoever is adapting any pre-existing contributions has to state his sources.
- Democracy: Racist, sexist, abusive, slanderous, hateful and anti-democratic contributions are excluded.
- Equality: All participating people are equal regardless of profession, title or function of the individual involved.
- Scientific Basis: Esoteric and science-hostile contents are excluded.